TEAM17 IS A GLOBAL PROVIDER OF GAMES ENTERTAINMENT TO A BROAD AUDIENCE.
Team17 Group Plc is a global games label, creative partner and developer of independent (“indie”) premium video games, developer and publisher of educational entertainment (“edutainment”) apps for children and a leading working simulation games developer and publisher.
The Group was founded in 1990 followed by the successful launch of Team17’s Games Label in 2014.
Today, the Company employs over 320+ people across 7 locations in 4 countries.
This excellent progress is best measured in our performance across 2021, with the Group reporting revenues of £90.5m (2020: £83.0m), gross profit of £45.5m (2020: £39.1m) and adjusted EBITDA to £35.8m (2020: £30.3m).
Our business today has three distinct growth engines:
- Team17 Games Label – controls a portfolio of c.500 digital revenue lines, including our iconic Worms franchise, Overcooked and Hell Let Loose. Our U.S division, acquired in January 2022 and formerly names The Label, is actively exploring future opportunities to bring Team17 IP to mobile platforms alongside additional 3rd party titles.
- StoryToys – acquired in July 2021, a world-class developer and publisher of educational entertainment (“edutainment”) apps for children, working with a number of leading brands, including The Walt Disney Company, The LEGO® Group, Penguin Books, Sesame Workshop, Apple, Amazon and Google. Founded in 2011 and based in Ireland, StoryToys apps have been downloaded over 100 million times across 120 countries, and its educational entertainment apps are produced in as many as 28 different languages.
- astragon – acquired in January 2022, a well-known developer, publisher and distributor of sophisticated ‘working’ simulation games based in Germany. astragon’s well known Ips, such as Firefighting Simulator, Police Simulator, Bus Simulator and Construction Simulator, focus on non-violent cooperative gameplay with exceptionally detailed, detailed, technical, and realistic environments across PC, Console and Mobile gameplay, for millions of enthusiastic customers.
Looking forward, our business is focus on the following key business priorities:
- Building out our diverse content portfolio of titles for the widest possible audiences
- Developing and nurturing strategic partnerships with developers, platforms and suppliers
- Harnessing new technology, business models and platforms
- Continuing to invest and build the infrastructure supporting the underlying growth ambitions of the Group and integration of acquired businesses
- Maximising the benefits of our Group through each vertical to build stronger pipelines, leverage terms and conditions and expand relationships
- Continually evaluating selective M&A opportunities to further diversify our digital entertainment offering
- A “People First” approach to investing in our talented teams and infrastructure and nurturing our next generation of creative and commercial talent
Over the course of 2022 and beyond, Team17 looks forward to continuing to maximise our ever-growing content portfolio and operational footprint, motivating and inspiring the highly creative, world-class talent pool that underpins the business in order to meet and exceed our ambitious growth and performance goals.